Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 10 December 2005

Info Post

Website Review
http://orthodoxmonk.blogspot.com
updated 3/1/13

Anonymous blog.

Always be suspicious of Orthodox websites where the blog owner won't identify himself.  Since ancient days, when Orthodox Christians meet, it is always expected and necessary to answer the first question, "Who is your bishop?"

I asked Orthodox Monk this question, first identifying myself and my bishop.  Here is his answer:

Dear Ms Higginbotham:
     To preserve my anonymity I do not disclose any information other than to say that I am a canonically tonsured monk in an Orthodox Church in communion with the Patriarch of Constantinople.  See the post entitled Gerasinin.
     You are not obliged to read the blog.
Orthodox Monk
8/29/12

I did try to find the Gerasinin post, but I was not successful.  The blog owner is in "official" world orthodoxy.  I don't recommend permitting him to shape your thinking.   In the whole blog a Google search finds only one reference to Fr. Seraphim Rose, [and that is made by a commentator].   

He admits to being in world orthodoxy by recognizing the EP [Patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew].  

Another odd thing, worth mentioning:  I've never before heard a monk refer to a woman as "Ms."   That's very much a worldly idea, and offensive to Orthodox because feminism is offensive to us.  I don't remember how I signed my note to him, but I promise it was not "Ms."  

Update: briefly checking the top posts today, 3/1/13, I see this monk is big time pro-MP.  

If you want to seriously consider monasticism in ROCA or in the other Royal Path jurisdictions, email me privately so I can be candid with you and put you in contact with a ROCA English-speaking hieromonk.
joannahigginbotham@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment